last updated 27 June 2019
Essential information we collect
In operating our store, it is essential for us to capture some information about your device, such as your IP address and information related to your visit when you browse our store. For example, this might include time-stamp, the last page or product you visited, the indication that you logged in. We do that in order to:
- remember who you are after you log in so that you do not need to authenticate at each click;
- monitor if our website is running with the high performance we are dedicated to providing;
- let you browse between products without having to start back from the home page at each click;
- remember if you put something in your shopping cart before you decide to checkout; and
- control that your data is processed securely.
Order information you expressly provide
If you buy something from our store, we will need more specific information about you. To fully process your order and ship the merchandise you selected, we need your personal data such as your first and last name, your email address and your shipping and billing address. We also use your contact and order information to send you communication related to the processing of your order. We will ask you to provide this information in our “checkout page” before letting you finalise your purchase with the payment.
If you have started to buy one of our products, but have not completed the purchase, you may have provided partial information, such as your email. In that case, we might send you an email to remind you about your interest. If you are not comfortable in receiving further emails of this kind, we will give you a simple opportunity to opt-out. Your privacy means a lot to us and we will stop sending you these communications right away.
If you have completed a purchase, we will send you an email to ask you to review the product you bought. We want to be sure that whether you love your purchase or have a complaint, you can share your opinion with other customers.
Other uses of personal data
If there is an issue with your order, or a later problem with something you have ordered, we will also use your personal data in order to confirm the purchase and date it was made. We will also use this information in order to send you a replacement or otherwise resolve the issue.
How do we process your information?
We use an external provider to run our store, BigCommerce. BigCommerce is based in the US and is a participant in the EU-US Privacy Shield Framework and committed to providing best-in-class service and data protection. You can check its participation in the Privacy Shield here on the official site of The International Trade Administration (ITA), U.S. Department of Commerce.
Both through BigCommerce and externally to it, we also use other highly specialized external providers to provide the most competitive services. For example:
- Payment: Our store is PCI-DSS compliant (a very strict industry standard with requirements for the security of credit card information), but we want to use accredited companies to process your credit card information. Our payment processors are Stripe and PayPal.
- Shipping: We integrate with a number of shipping companies to fulfil your orders. Most orders will be sent using Royal Mail.
- Couriers: With some packages we will use couriers – particularly if the package is heavier, larger or more expensive than normal. We use reputable companies including MyHermes, Parcelforce, UPS, TNT and DPD. We will provide them with your delivery and contact information in order for them to deliver your order to you, and keep you updated on its progress. In addition, to get the very best prices, we use 3rd parties including www.parcelmonkey.com, www.parcel2go.com, and www.interparcel.com to book these couriers. This involves us providing them with your details in order for them to pass these onto the courier companies. None of these companies will contact you directly, other than in regard to your delivery.
- Newsletters: If you sign up to our newsletter, this will be stored with a 3rd party company called MailChimp (www.mailchimp.com). It is through this company that we will send out newsletters and through which you can unsubscribe.
- Promotions: If you sign up for a promotion that appears on our website your details may be logged at a 3rd party company called JustUno (www.justuno.com).
- Chat: If access the chat box the information you provide will be provided to us using a 3rd party company called Tawk.to (www.tawk.to).
- Analytics: We use Google Analytics (www.google.com/analytics/) to analyse the use of our site to enable us to continually improve it and your user experience.
- Order Management: In order to enable us to maintain stock levels and process your orders quickly, accurately and efficiently we use an Order Management system called Linnworks (www.linnworks.com). All of your order data is stored in Linnworks hosted databases and is combined with payment and shipping information to allow us to manage dispatch of orders, deal with complaints, comply with our accounting, tax and legal obligations, and assist in detecting fraud.
- Emails: any emails sent to us by you, or by us to you - including chat messages – will be stored in our email system provided by Microsoft (www.office.com). We retain these messages and attachments to enable us to help us effectively deal with orders, problems you may have, guarantees, and detect fraud.
Partnering with highly specialized external companies allows us to focus on what we do best: selling great products.
How can you control your personal data?
If you are one of our customers who is in the EU, and we are specifically selling our products to the Member State where you are located, you have specific rights that we are honoured to enforce without undue delay: Access, Correct, Erasure, Port, Object. If you cannot exercise your choice on your account page or if you do not have an account with us, please reach out to us, at the contact details at the bottom of this page. We will be more than happy to help.
How long do we keep your data?
We keep your data for as long as you have an account with us. Even if you do not have an account with us, we store your data in the places listed in “how we process your information”, however this is not accessible through the public facing side of the website. We also keep some data for security investigation. Most importantly, we have specific obligations for fraud detection and tax reasons. Therefore, we might need to retain certain data even if you ask to delete it.
Who can you reach out to for privacy matters including account deletion?
You can contact us using the following details:
Woolstack, Unit D, Churchill Industrial Estate, Churchill Road, Cheltenham, GL53 7EG
Do you need to lodge a complaint?
If you have any privacy complaint, you have the right to lodge a complaint with our supervisory authority, the Information Commissioner’s Office.